The Development Assistant will support Legacy’s fundraising efforts through utilizing Raiser’s Edge, the fundraising database and maintaining donor information, generating reports and targeted mailing lists and assisting with donor communications. In addition, the Development Assistant will support fundraising events, campaigns and day to day activities in the Development department. The Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President including calendar scheduling, general office and administrative duties.
• Maintain donor information using Raiser’s Edge database.
• Generate reports, targeted mailing lists and general department communications.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters.
• Prepare briefing documents and donor reports.
• Support the Data Base Manager with the coordination of appeals, cultivation and stewardship mailings.
• Develop and maintain administrative tools including strategic planning document, prospect spreadsheets, tracking tools, cultivation calendars and timelines, and progress toward fundraising goals.
• Assist Senior Director with Combined Federal Campaign applications, fairs and mailings.
• Maintain back end of My Legacy Story website and other on-line web tools utilized in the department.
• Support fundraising event logistics and campaigns including Young Professional events and meetings and other stewardship efforts.
• Perform general office and administrative duties for Senior Vice President and other development staff as needed.
Passion for and commitment to Legacy’s mission. B.A degree required. M.A. in non-profit management a plus. The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of relevant development experience. Experience interacting with donors at events and in an administrative support role. Experience with Raisers Edge (preferred) or other donor database. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Willingness to work flexible hours at times (including some nights and weekends) for events. Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team. High degree of integrity handling sensitive and confidential information.