Development Assistant Position
ReSurge International (formerly Interplast) seeks an extremely organized individual to join our team and help us increase revenues for an international humanitarian NGO. ReSurge has transformed lives for more than 43 years. The first organization of its kind, ReSurge provides free reconstructive plastic surgery for the poor in developing countries. ReSurge treats children and adults with clefts, disabling burns and hand injuries. Unlike many organizations, ReSurge's focus is to train and to empower developing world doctors to perform surgeries on their own for generations to come.
The development assistant will play an integral role in supporting key fundraising activities to support ReSurge's annual operating budget, programs and growth. ReSurge currently has an annual budget of $7 million, nearly $4 million of which is cash revenue.
The development assistant must possess excellent organizational abilities, a careful attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills. The development assistant will have the opportunity for some international and national travel. This job is temporary for six months with a strong possibility of becoming permanent.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
• Become well versed in ReSurge's worldwide mission.
• Manage gift acknowledgement process including writing updated templates as needed, working with donor information services manager to ensure proper tax acknowledgement, as well as managing the process in a timely fashion
• Draft personalized acknowledgement donors for CEO, chief development officer, assistant director, annual giving and associate director, foundation and corporate relations to high-end major donors, foundations and corporations
• Update donor database with donor contact meetings and notes; assist development, communications and program team members with coordination
• Support in-house mailings by drafting, printing and orchestrating mailing
• Conduct research as necessary for individuals and foundations
• Maintain foundation, corporation and major donor files
• Provide support for events put on by ReSurge, including but not limited to annual Transformations Gala in November, open houses, salons, etc.
• Create and maintain donor calendar of activities
• Run reports as needed from donor database
• Provide gift processing back up as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Interest in working in a non-profit fundraising environment and taking on more responsibility
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database-related software applications and other office equipment required; Adobe Creative Suite and Pages preferred
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with a diverse population
• Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to conceptualize as well as attend to detail
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks/projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised of status on a regular basis
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management, and problem solving skills
• Strong initiative and follow-through skills
• Ability to work successfully under pressure and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Learns quickly and willing to ask for help
• Ability to prepare, read, analyze, and interpret documents
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Sense of humor
• Willingness to travel to occasionally participate on ReSurge international trips and events around the US.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to work at a computer workstation for periods up to four hours at a time
• Ability to sit for up to three hours without breaks at meetings
• Ability to get along and work effectively with others
• Regular, predictable attendance
ReSurge International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ReSurge maintains no affiliations with any religious or governmental based organizations.
Please send resume and cover letter with subject marked “Development Assistant” to: email@example.com, or by mail to: 857 Maude Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043.
No phone calls please. For more information about ReSurge, please visit our website at: www.ReSurge.org.