We have an immediate opening for a fixed-term temporary staff position (around 25-35 hours per week) from February 1 (or earlier) – May 10, 2013 who will be responsible for the planning and management for the first annual GreatSchools Partner Day.
Partner Day aims to bring 100+ current and potential advocacy partners, funders, sponsors and key education influencers in targeted districts together in San Francisco for a full day to share GreatSchools’ school choice vision and build relationships. We will organize keynote speakers, panel discussions and break-out sessions for collaboration opportunities.
The Event and Logistics Coordinator will report to the CEO and will work with the Director of Program Development, VP Business Development, Manager of Operations & Development, and other senior managers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with CEO and staff to develop the agenda for the day and secure speakers
• Work with CEO and staff to develop the invitation list; coordinate invitations, follow up by phone; track responses
• Work with CEO, communications manager and others to develop collateral, including the invitation, a brief program, and logistics information
• Arrange for food and other services required to make the day run smoothly
• Collect and research biographies and guest information
• Find and book an event space and caterer; manage all other vendor relationships and supplies
• Manage event budget
• Coordinate presentation materials, ensuring technology needs are met and identifying needs of presenters
• Serve as “stage manager” the day of the event
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience in event planning, or equivalent experience executing complex projects from start to finish
• Impeccable organizational skills required, with strict attention to detail
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); experience using SmartSheet or Salesforce desirable
• Strong leadership abilities and excellent people skills; must have a professional demeanor and be customer-service oriented
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Superior time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Good decision making and problem-solving ability
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• A passion for the GreatSchools mission, to inspire and empower parents to make smart choices about their kids' schools and education
• Ability to “make it happen!”
Please submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to: https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=ba5015a75e8b468ab23f0780bdf0bbd4. Your cover letter should include the reasons why you want to work for GreatSchools. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
This is a fixed-term temporary staff position (around 25-35 hours per week) from February 1 – May 10, 2013. Please only apply if this is what you are seeking. No phone calls please.
Founded in 1998, GreatSchools is a national nonprofit that helps parents get a great education for their children. Our programs combine the broad reach of digital media with the power of community partnerships. This year we will reach more than 43 million people, including nearly half of all American households with school-age children.
Our Webby award-winning website, GreatSchools.org, helps families make crucial decisions about where to live and where to send their children to school. With profiles of 200,000 public and private schools and more than one million parent ratings and reviews, GreatSchools.org is the nation’s leading guide to PreK-12 schools. In addition, GreatSchools.org offers thousands of articles, videos and worksheets that give parents practical ideas and tools to support their children’s learning.
Headquartered in San Francisco, GreatSchools operates field offices in Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Washington, DC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace.