The Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is a member-driven collaborative of the nation’s 100 leading housing and community development nonprofits who combine social mission with business acumen to create affordable homes in thriving communities across the country. The Network’s approach is based on peer exchange among high-performing organizations in the sector that share ideas and knowledge, pool resources, collaborate on business enterprises, and provide credible, practitioner-based solutions that drive policy recommendations and advocacy. The result is a network of strong nonprofits that produce impressive results in the number of homes developed and preserved, communities strengthened, and people served. The Network has received numerous awards and achievement recognitions for its social entrepreneurship from governmental, foundation, media, and international organizations.
We are seeking an individual that can perform administrative and junior analyst functions and is willing to grow into a larger role. We will rely on you to utilize your initiative and organizational skills to keep us running at top performance and your enthusiasm and ideas to shape the environment in which we all work. By providing administrative support in the Washington DC office of the Housing Partnership Network (HPN), more specifically supporting the Housing Partnership Equity Trust and the Policy and External Affairs Team, you will schedule meetings, support reporting and governance functions, support pipeline management and member engagement activities, as well as support accounting functions and provide general administrative support.
• Scheduling meetings and conference calls
• Managing executives’ calendars
• Making travel arrangements
• Managing expense reporting
Reporting and Governance:
• Creating and managing a calendar of boards, committee, and management meetings
• Keeping and distributing meeting minutes
• Assembling and distributing governance and compliance reporting
• Maintaining distribution lists and other contact databases for governance, other member engagement activities, and coalitions organized by the Network
• Assembling transaction information and updating pipeline status as appropriate
• Posting documentation to website
• Supporting the underwriting and closing of transactions
• Logging incoming invoices
• Submitting to accounting
• Ensuring invoices follow appropriate approval procedures
• Tracking payment of invoices
General Administrative Support
• General office management functions including ordering and inventorying supplies, service coordination and interfacing with landlord
• Tracking and updating administrative files
• Coordinating IT requests with IT consultant - tracking and managing responses
• Assisting with collection and allocation of expense reports for travel, telephone, etc.
• Assisting with developing or updating forms as needed to improve operations
• Other duties as assigned
• Assisting with special projects as assigned
• Associate’s degree in Business, Government Studies, Public Administration or similar discipline
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Skilled in the use of Windows-based desktop applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with SalesForce or similar CRM applications
• Minimal travel may be required
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: