Muscular Dystrophy Association | Washington DC 20001 USA | Full Time | Posted: 09/05/2014
Make a difference in millions of lives every day by utilizing your sales, relationship building and event management skills both in your community and across the country by joining the MDA, as a salaried Fundraising/Business Development Coordinator. You will be responsible for securing new business and meeting monthly, quarterly and annual goals in order to create new, as well as foster existing, corporate sponsor relationships that support MDA’s mission and services in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Just as the MDA is driven to meet its healthcare, medical research and social service mission you must be driven to develop new business, interact with the local community and cultivate relationships with corporate sponsors and MDA families. Through various business development techniques you will encourage participation and support for MDA fundraising programs and special events while managing a fulfilling and challenging work environment.
• Identify new corporate sponsors and maximize fund development opportunities through various business development techniques including cold-calling, following up on warm leads and attending networking events; consistently research ways to create partnerships with local businesses
. • Utilize New Business Development System by tracking daily sales activity and generating leads.
• Actively participate in the execution and management of MDA’s fundraising programs including the ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple events/programs at the same time
. • Effectively engage donors of all levels, recognizing and championing the value and potential of stakeholders; meet with sponsors and patient families to educate them about MDA’s fundraising events and special events, answering any questions that may arise.
• Advise and assist in the development of an organization-wide fundraising strategy, plan and budget - including effective strategies for raising funds
. • Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations
• Communicate MDA’s healthcare and research involvement and social services to the local community and increase sponsorship of events.
• Maintain existing relationships by ensuring effective public relations and communication with existing sponsors and families to keep them abreast of existing and upcoming community engagements.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Demonstrated sales and business development experience with a track record of successfully meeting sales quota.
• Experience in leveraging existing business while continually generating new sales
• Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
• Professional, confident and driven work style with a competitive spirit
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule
• Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
• Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
• Working knowledge of computers and personal communication devices
• A valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and reliable transportation
• Bilingual skills a plus
|Location||Washington, DC, 20001, United States|
|Categories||Association / Membership / Union|
|Contact Name||Maddie Stewart|
|How to apply||Employer provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|