This job is no longer available
Executive Director- NAMI Texas
NAMI Texas | Austin TX 78704 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/22/2013
Executive Director, NAMI Texas
NAMI Texas (National Alliance on Mental Illness – Texas) is a grassroots 501©3 non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of all individuals living with mental illness and their families. NAMI Texas follows the NAMI Standards of Excellence management and operating criteria and has been designated a ‘NAMI Charter Pioneer’.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check as well as drug screen.
NAMI Texas is an Equal Opportunity employer.
General Job Description
The Executive Director operates within the organization's policies set by the governing board of directors, works with the board to secure the organization's financial integrity, and manages staff and programming to meet the strategic plan, mission and vision of the organization. The Executive Director supervises all staff members and volunteers.
The Executive Director is responsible to ensure continued programmatic and fiscal viability of NAMI Texas and to administer and supervise all staff and program components; and, to develop and implement funding plans to ensure financial security and sustainability. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
• Recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, supervise and, if necessary, discipline or terminate staff consistent with board policy.
• Establish performance standards. Conduct timely employee appraisals and facilitate conflict resolutions among staff/employees. Ensure that personnel and agency policies/practices meet all applicable employment laws.
• Supervise staff including the development of staff goals, evaluation of progress toward goals, approval of leave, and maintenance of a productive and healthy working environment.
• Implement board approved personnel policies and monitor strategies that improve the effectiveness of the agency.
• Report to and serve as liaison with the Board of Directors and its committees. Prepare and present program reports and financial reports. Implement Board policies and keep the Board informed.
• Attend all Board meetings and either attend or delegate staff attendance to committee meetings. Make recommendations to the board regarding program and policy changes.
• Assist the Board in the recruitment of Board members.
• Prepare Annual Report with Board President assistance.
Fiscal Management Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent writing, oral communication, public speaking and listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Applied knowledge of organizing / managing special events.
• Applied knowledge of individual, corporate, government and foundation development strategies.
• Ability to work collaboratively with community partners, corporations, foundations, boards, major donors and other volunteers.
• Experience in financial management, staff supervision, and administration in a nonprofit setting.
• Experience in program research and development
• Experience in recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers
• Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of NAMI Texas.
• Knowledge of mental illness and its impact on individuals and family members
• Proficiency in electronic communication to include computers and software (Word, Excel, etc.) necessary to support business operations and to oversee utilization of social media.
• Master’s degree preferred in Public or Business Administration, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related field. Bachelor’s Degree considered with outstanding service and relevant business experience totaling at least 3 to 5 years in similar organization.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years grant management and networking experience with foundations, corporations, government and other funding sources.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years fundraising experience including events and donor solicitation.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years supervisory and leadership experience including personnel administration.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years with financial management experience.
• Nonprofit experience highly desirable.
• Grant writing experience preferred.
• Personal or familial experience in living with mental illness is preferred.
• Oral and written skills in Spanish preferred.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, holiday and personal leave.
Position will be open until filled.
|Location||Austin, TX, 78704, United States|
|Categories||Human Services, Other, Public Policy, Disease/Disorders/Medical Disciplines|
|Function||Mental Health Occupations|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Pref Major||Public or Business Administration, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||ED Job|